Confessions of a first-time Mayan hammock user..........

  • Christina Moon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2003
      .Hi All,

      Rick and Shane, thanks for your suggestions. I went to the Newsletter Rick
      suggested and there found Shane's article. I printed that out and read it
      last while swinging in my Mayan hammock as I prepared for sleep.

      It was the first night that I slept all night long in my Mayan Hammock,
      though not the first night I've owned it. I bought it last fall. For many
      nights I'd just start out in the hammock and then switch to my bed during
      the night. And on nights-before-work-the-next-day I'd skip the hammock
      altogether and start out in my bed.

      Well, I gotta say that last night's sleep was the BEST I've had in a really
      long time. I hung the hammock from chains that are bolted into ceiling
      beams in my house (a cabin in the woods). My next adventure will be to
      sleep out on my covered deck some time this summer. Then perhaps I'll
      venture out into the trees, of which there are plenty.

      I also must confess to being a *hammock junkie*. You other *hammock
      junkies* will know exactly what I mean. I own a single and a double Mayan
      hammock. I have several hanging hammock chairs and I am awaiting the
      arrival of a short-bed Mayan hammock chair that I ordered from Hangouts.com
      last week.

      Now what I am looking for is an inexpensive, portable hammock stand that I
      can put in my bedroom to replace my existing bed. I'll give it some time,
      but am pretty sure that hammock sleeping is my permanent choice from now
      on. I've looked at all the sites and just am not sure about the less
      expensive metal stands really accommodating a Mayan hammock, even though
      one of the folks selling them tells me that it absolutely WILL fit a Mayan
      hammock. A folk at the other seller tells me that it's like trying to fit
      apples and oranges together ~ it *ain't gonna happen*!

      So, again I appeal to you more experienced friends on this list to tell me
      if you know of a Mayan hammock stand that isn't too expensive.

      Thanks so much for your experience and your willingness to share it.

      Christina

      Blessed Be the Peacemakers!

      May Blesswings of Peace n Love surround you!

      May your Mind be filled with Wisdom.
      May your Eyes be filled with Beauty.
      May your Soul be filled with Peace.
      May your Heart be filled with Love.
      May we ALL live in a State of Grace.
      Peace Be With You Always.
      ~~Christina Moon
    • uluheman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2003
        Christina--

        I'm sure you've considered this, but I'd suggest just putting hooks
        in the walls or ceiling of your bedroom rather than cluttering up the
        floor with a large stand. That's what I did in my living room and
        it's wonderful to be able to make the hammock disappear just by
        lifting it off the hooks!

        Brandon in Honolulu

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Christina Moon <moonpi@i...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2003
          Message
          Brandon's got a good idea Christina--I did the same thing in my bedroom. I screwed 2X4 support boards to each wall so they are attached to 3 seperate studs each; then put large screw eye bolts into the 2X4's.  Works great and the hammock can easily be put away when needed for extra room...Ed