Another thing re self-made DAM

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2005
      I wonder why everyone (including the people who make professional air
      mats) makes DAMs out of tubing? Is there something wrong with having
      the plastic bit shaped more like the outside of a standard bed
      mattress? I was also thinking that instead of mesh, one might be able
      to use open-celled foam (say in strips of an inch or so thick) as
      baffles, which (if one uses strips that are somewhat compressed even
      when the DAM is fully inflated) might give the DAM a bit of self-
      inflating ability. Wouldn't that be cool? Just drop that DAM into the
      hammock the moment it's strung, with the valve open, and give two or
      three more "blows" with the pump bag.

      Just an idea, I don't know what I'm talking about but love to butt in
      anyway.

      André