source for polarguard?

  • Greg Welker
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 22, 2005
      I'm working on a revised underquilt but am having trouble finding a source
      for polarguard delta or polarguard 3d. Do any of you know of a source?
    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Greg Welker <gdwelker@v...> wrote:
        > I'm working on a revised underquilt but am having trouble finding a
        > source for polarguard delta or polarguard 3d. Do any of you know of a
        > source?

        You may have seen my posting re: Fanatic Fringe and their Thompson
        Peak Pack...? They also now offer a quilt with either/or both of
        those materials: <http://www.fanaticfringe.com/page6.html>

        The nice folks there at Fanatic Fringe are friends with Outdoor
        Wilderness Fabrics <http://www.owfinc.com/> who "may" have that stuff...?

        I believe that both operations are in the Boise, ID area - not
        sure...? So, if you are out driving around this T-Day weekend, you
        could just drop in, right? ...hehehe!

        Big Travel Weekend, of coures ---- Everyone be safe!

        Happy Thanksgiving!

        J.D.
      • gregwelkergregwelker
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
          Yes, I believe I did see the Fanatic Fringe quilts, but not sure
          they'll work for an underquilt under the Hennessy. OWF doesn't carry
          Polarguard.
        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "gregwelkergregwelker"
            <gdwelker@v...> wrote:
            > Yes, I believe I did see the Fanatic Fringe quilts, but not sure
            > they'll work for an underquilt under the Hennessy. OWF doesn't carry
            > Polarguard.

            My bad! Sorry, I am so centered on getting my own TOP quilt that I
            misunderstood! You might still consider an email to Frantic Fringe
            and ask them where to get that stuff. They were VERY nice to deal
            with; like Mr. Speer!

            Happy Trails,

            J.D.
          • Rosaleen Sullivan
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
              Greg-

              Under insulation, owfinc.com has this:

              Polyester Continuous Filament: (Top of the line insulation, we are not allowed to use the brand name in print.)

              It might be worth the "800" call to see if this is actually Polarguard. I have this vague recollection of reading that this was either Polarguard or Primaloft...

              Rosaleen

              Message: 15
              Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:16:36 -0000
              From: "gregwelkergregwelker" <gdwelker@...<mailto:gdwelker@...>>
              Subject: Re: source for polarguard?

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
                <rosaleen43@m...> wrote:

                > Greg-
                >
                > Under insulation, owfinc.com has this:
                >
                > Polyester Continuous Filament: (Top of the line insulation, we are
                not allowed to use the brand name in print.)

                > It might be worth the "800" call to see if this is actually
                Polarguard. I have this vague recollection of reading that this was
                either Polarguard or Primaloft...

                > Rosaleen
                > GREG...if you do, please let us know what you find
                out. thanks...slowhike
                .
                ..
                .
                .

                > .
                .
                .

                .

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
                  <rosaleen43@m...> wrote:

                  > Greg-
                  >
                  > Under insulation, owfinc.com has this:
                  >
                  > Polyester Continuous Filament: (Top of the line insulation, we are
                  not allowed to use the brand name in print.)

                  > It might be worth the "800" call to see if this is actually
                  Polarguard. I have this vague recollection of reading that this was
                  either Polarguard or Primaloft...

                  > Rosaleen
                  > GREG...if you do, please let us know what you find
                  out. thanks...slowhike
                  .
                  ..
                  .
                  .

                  > .
                  .
                  .

                  .

                • seuss910
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 23, 2005
                    OWF's "Polyester Continuous Filament" is Polarguard 3D. They're not
                    permitted to use the name in print, but if you talk to the nice
                    ladies on the phone they'll tell you. When I ordered mine this past
                    summer they said they were closing it out (and they had over 500 yds
                    in stock), but it's still listed on their insulation page.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 24, 2005
                      thanks seuss. have a thankful thanksgiving! ...slowhike

                      seuss910 <wrv77@...> wrote: OWF's "Polyester Continuous Filament" is Polarguard 3D. They're not

                      <gdwelker@v...> wrote:

                      > Yes, I believe I did see the Fanatic Fringe quilts, but not sure
                      > they'll work for an underquilt under the Hennessy. OWF doesn't
                      carry
                      > Polarguard.

                      tim garner