Re: hammock camped for the first time

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan" <brpowel4@v...> wrote:

      > i finally gave up on the hammock for 2. I made 2 single hammocks
      > instead. My girlfriend thought the hammock was really comfortable.
      well
      > we tried them Friday night and it was the best we had ever slept. i
      > hung them from the same pair of trees. i interwined a "thumb sized"
      > stick in the suspension ropes on each end to spread the 2 hammocks
      > apart about 2 feet.

      Brian,

      I was playing with this a while back and used clove hitches to attach
      the suspension lines to the sticks (I call them struts when I use them
      in this manner). With the polypropylene rope I'm using it worked well
      and released easily. You can form a clove hitch in a line with just a
      couple of loops slid over each other, in the right manner or course...
      you don't really have to tie anything so it works well for this
      application.

      Dave