Re: Keeping Warm in my HH

  • Fuzzy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "rexhardy2003" <REH1966_04@h...>
      wrote:

      > Fuzzy,
      >
      > I assume you are talking about Boy Scouts since you mentioned Troop,
      > is that correct? I help with our local Scouts, Troop 61 here in SW
      > Virginia. We get to the AT occasionally around Burkes Garden and
      > Damascus. If you ever get down this way (or we get up your way) let
      > me know and maybe we could get the Troops together.

      Rex,

      Yup, trying to keep the 'outing' in 'Scouting'. The scoutmaster and I
      are trying to get the boys to do a little more hiking than just a 5-
      mile (flat) loop around the local wildlife preserve, plus my son is
      shooting for the Hiking Merit Badge. It's not too likely that we will
      get down your way in the near future, but I have never lived more than
      2½ hours from any point on the PA portion of the AT - if'n y'all are
      headin' thisaway, drop me a note.

      Fuzzy