RE: Hammock Camping Re: First annual SEHHA hike pictures

  • Marge Prothman
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 22, 2003
      Hi Coy and everyone,
      I thought the pictures were great....and I would love to go on a SEHHA hike,
      but do not think Idaho is the place to do it, at least not at my elevations.
      I have a group coming from the BPL in August to do a five day hike in the
      Sawtooths
      and some have asked about using their hammocks. I will leave it up to them.
      I am going
      to try a couple of weekend hikes during the summer with the hammock and see
      how I
      make out. I do fine in my backyard at 5600' but that is not the same as
      9,000ft in
      the mountains.

      We will be camping between 8 - 10,000 ft and there are lots of trees, no
      problem
      there, but they will need to bring a good insulated pad. The temperatures at
      night
      can get down below freezing, but nice and warm during the day. I am still
      not decided
      whether to take the hammock and my foam pad with the reflectic or take my
      Europa Sil
      Nylon tent and my Z Rest (will have to wash my mouth out 'tent'). The
      hammock setup with the pad and the extra clothing is a little heavier than
      my
      Tent and Z rest....decisions, decisions.......

      Cheers,
      Marge [The Old Gal]
      http://www.prothman.org/marge