Re: Tarp Size

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 2005
      His is the reason I made mine the size I did! I looked and visualized
      smaller ones, and then I saw his, and I thought "you know, at 1.3 oz
      per sq yd, area is not something I want to skimp on..."

      Bill in Houston

      > Bill, you'd like my "Super-Dave" (you know, the guy who does the
      > stunts that backfire) tarp. I really liked Daves (Youngblood) setup
      > so I asked him if he could make me one like his only a little bigger
      > so I could use my long hammocks I like. He said sure. I think it has
      > rianed one time since I got the tarp so I haven't had a chance to use
      > it in the rain yet. It will handle 40 mile an hour wind gust but I
      > would not want to try sleeping under it in those conditions.
      >
      > Coy Boy
    • Roby Dorsett
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
        Where can you see/purchase Youngblood's tarp? What is the website?
        Thanks,
        Rob

        _____

        His is the reason I made mine the size I did! I looked and visualized
        smaller ones, and then I saw his, and I thought "you know, at 1.3 oz
        per sq yd, area is not something I want to skimp on..."

        Bill in Houston

        > Bill, you'd like my "Super-Dave" (you know, the guy who does the
        > stunts that backfire) tarp. I really liked Daves (Youngblood) setup
        > so I asked him if he could make me one like his only a little bigger
        > so I could use my long hammocks I like. He said sure. I think it has
        > rianed one time since I got the tarp so I haven't had a chance to use
        > it in the rain yet. It will handle 40 mile an hour wind gust but I
        > would not want to try sleeping under it in those conditions.
        >
        > Coy Boy

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
          Hi Roby, you can see Daves tarp in his folder in the photos section.
          Its labled Youngblood. I just put a larger pic in my Files Folder.
          can't put the big pics in the photo folder. I just put it in and
          there will be an upload notification. On the purchase question. As
          far as I know Dave is not making tarps to sell. I saw his and asked
          if he could make me one like it only slightly larger. Mine is 11
          feet long and 8 feet 4 inches wide. So it's about a foot longer than
          his but only 4 or so inches wider.

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Roby Dorsett"