RE: [Hammock Camping] Tarp Size

  • Joe O'Leary
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 2005
      Rich,

      I have the HH Ultralight Backpacker Asym. The HH Explorer Ultralight will
      be fine with it as well. While the Explorer is tougher it is only a tiny
      bit larger (8 inches longer, I think).

      I don't attach the MacCat to the Hammock at all. I tie it separately first
      and then put the hammock under it. I use HH Snakeskins #4 to enclose the
      hammock and JRB Nest Down Under quilt. I pack the MacCat in its own stuff
      sack.

      -Joe

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2005
        His is the reason I made mine the size I did! I looked and visualized
        smaller ones, and then I saw his, and I thought "you know, at 1.3 oz
        per sq yd, area is not something I want to skimp on..."

        Bill in Houston

        > Bill, you'd like my "Super-Dave" (you know, the guy who does the
        > stunts that backfire) tarp. I really liked Daves (Youngblood) setup
        > so I asked him if he could make me one like his only a little bigger
        > so I could use my long hammocks I like. He said sure. I think it has
        > rianed one time since I got the tarp so I haven't had a chance to use
        > it in the rain yet. It will handle 40 mile an hour wind gust but I
        > would not want to try sleeping under it in those conditions.
        >
        > Coy Boy
      • Roby Dorsett
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
          Where can you see/purchase Youngblood's tarp? What is the website?
          Thanks,
          Rob

          _____

          His is the reason I made mine the size I did! I looked and visualized
          smaller ones, and then I saw his, and I thought "you know, at 1.3 oz
          per sq yd, area is not something I want to skimp on..."

          Bill in Houston

          > Bill, you'd like my "Super-Dave" (you know, the guy who does the
          > stunts that backfire) tarp. I really liked Daves (Youngblood) setup
          > so I asked him if he could make me one like his only a little bigger
          > so I could use my long hammocks I like. He said sure. I think it has
          > rianed one time since I got the tarp so I haven't had a chance to use
          > it in the rain yet. It will handle 40 mile an hour wind gust but I
          > would not want to try sleeping under it in those conditions.
          >
          > Coy Boy

        • Coy
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
            Hi Roby, you can see Daves tarp in his folder in the photos section.
            Its labled Youngblood. I just put a larger pic in my Files Folder.
            can't put the big pics in the photo folder. I just put it in and
            there will be an upload notification. On the purchase question. As
            far as I know Dave is not making tarps to sell. I saw his and asked
            if he could make me one like it only slightly larger. Mine is 11
            feet long and 8 feet 4 inches wide. So it's about a foot longer than
            his but only 4 or so inches wider.

            Coy Boy

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Roby Dorsett"