Re: [Hammock Camping] Above Treeline

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
      On 10/30/05, jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:
      > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above treeline? Cheers, K

      Big rocks, innovative poles and guylines, or loyal stout long
      suffering friends. :]

      Ralph
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
        Walk.

        ;-)

        Rick

        jkneilson wrote:

        > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above treeline? Cheers, K

      • Chuck Henderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
          Use a tent!!! or depending on snow conditions build a
          quintzy ( snow dome)

          --- jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:

          > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above
          > treeline? Cheers, K

          Chuck
          counterculture in a conformist environment
          I BELIEVE the true path to life is with a perfectly poured pint of Guinness, and of course sharing the unique taste with fellow Canadians

          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • Thomas Vickers
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
            I pitch my HH as a tent above the tree line. It involves hiking poles and
            such, but after several experiments I found a method that works well enough
            to make me happy. Of course, I try NEVER to be above the tree line after
            dark. Scary up there ;)

            TV