Above Treeline

  • jkneilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
      I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above treeline? Cheers, K
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
        On 10/30/05, jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:
        > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above treeline? Cheers, K

        Big rocks, innovative poles and guylines, or loyal stout long
        suffering friends. :]

        Ralph
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
          Walk.

          ;-)

          Rick

          jkneilson wrote:

          > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above treeline? Cheers, K

        • Chuck Henderson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
            Use a tent!!! or depending on snow conditions build a
            quintzy ( snow dome)

            --- jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:

            > I'm sold on the hammock, but what do you do above
            > treeline? Cheers, K

            Chuck
            counterculture in a conformist environment
            I BELIEVE the true path to life is with a perfectly poured pint of Guinness, and of course sharing the unique taste with fellow Canadians

            http://farechase.yahoo.com
          • Thomas Vickers
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
              I pitch my HH as a tent above the tree line. It involves hiking poles and
              such, but after several experiments I found a method that works well enough
              to make me happy. Of course, I try NEVER to be above the tree line after
              dark. Scary up there ;)

              TV