Re: [Hammock Camping] webbing strength

  • navjohn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005
      In a message dated 10/30/05 7:01:31 PM, slowhike@... writes:

      > i have a nice nikon N90, w/ nikon zoom &
      > dedecated flash that i can`t aford to buy & develop film for. so i`m
      > going to take it to a friend who owns a local camera shop & let himĀ
      > sell it, then get a nice digital.

      Hey Slowhike -- Hang on to the zoom lens and flash, and get a digital SLR
      body (a D50 or D70). The zoom will be more "telephotoy" on the digital SLR (by
      a factor of 1.5 -- in other words, a 50 mm lens will have an effective focal
      length of 75mm on the digital). I got a D50 two-lens outfit about two months
      ago and have been really impressed with the pictures I've got with it -- and
      if you're used to a film SLR, the digital will seem like a "real" camera.

      John.