Food Storage in camp

  • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2003
      I just hang my pack from the hammock strap so the pack dosen't touch
      the ground. If it does touch the ground, I move it to a nearby tree
      limb to keep the deer mice out of it. I also put my shoes, water
      bottle, journal, etc on the ground beneath me so they are within easy
      reach (my hammock is top opening). My eye glasses & photon hang from
      the ridge line inside the hammock, except when I'm not using the bug
      net (winter); then they go in my shoes on the ground. Since I
      stealth camp away from overused campsites, I've never had any bad
      animal encounters--except mice will get into the pack if it touches
      the ground. In porcupine country, nothing should be on the ground--
      hang everything! I've actually had racoons past beneath my hammock
      on their way out to the beach to raid the tents out there!