RE: Hammock Camping Dennis Hill? Hammocks in 1987

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2003
      How to avoid moose with a hammock?  I guess I need some help with that one.  Don't have much experience with moose--I do recall one early dawn in Canada when I ran into a mose when getting out of my tent; his snotty nose nearly hit my head!  It was quite a shock at that hour and me on my hands and knees!
      I can share a common encounter with deer and hammocks--seems they are curious when they find a stealth camping hammock in their bedroom!  Returning to their bedding area in the final hours of darkness, they will come quite close, then begin snorting and pawning the ground before running away.  That snorting at 4am can be a bit disturbing, to say the least!!!
      I was asked last week if deer ever run into my hammock during the night--nope, at least not yet....Ed