Re: insulation/was Re: more hammocking at BPL

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
      Scott-

      JoAnn only started carrying Thinsulate late last winter or early last spring. I saw it in a sale flyer and had a 40 or 50% off coupon, so I picked some up. That was in the Shrewsbury, MA, store.

      I wonder why they discontinued it so quickly?

      Rosaleen

      Subject: insulation/was Re: more hammocking at BPL

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com<mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>, "Rosaleen Sullivan"
      <rosaleen43@m<mailto:rosaleen43@m>...> wrote:

      > This seems to be a much-copied thread, but I THINK I'm responding to
      Slowhike's comment/question.

      > If you are looking for a reasonably cheap source of synthetic
      hammock bottom insulation, consider watching for a 50% off sale at
      JoAnn Fabrics. Sometimes I see 40-50% off all quilting supplies,
      other times I receive a coupon for 50% off a single item. Sign up for
      their mailing list to get the sale info. I wasn't too excited about
      the quilting supplies until they began carrying Thinsulate....Cool!

      > Rosaleen

      I searched JoAnn's website and finally called them. The woman I talked
      to said they no longer carry thinsulate, but could try to find some
      still in stock at a store. The odd thing is she was searching for it
      based on it being precut as batting for various size quilts, i.e.
      twin, queen, full, crib. Where did you find them now carrying it? A
      search in their system for Primaloft and Polarguard also came up blank.

      Scott