poconos party

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2005
      Hi, Y'All-

      Well, I don't normally shout out where I plan to hike and hang out in advance, but here goes:

      Seashelly and I usually take advantage of long weekends to knock out some serious AT miles. Veteran's Day this year falls on a Friday and JD wanted to join us, so we are venturing south of New England. Now our group has grown to 8 people, so far. Might as well really have a blow out!

      JD just reserved a campsite at <http://www.dingmanscampground.com/<http://www.dingmanscampground.com/>>, site 85. Heated restrooms with showers are available and hammocks are OK. It is about 10 miles from the AT, so in spite of (or along with) camaraderie and gear talk, we should still be able to hike.

      I'm thinking we could work up a Pocono-style Luau, using ham instead of a roast pig, and couscous instead of poi. I will look around for some plastic party leis, so that everyone can claim to have been lei-ed, maybe even engage in group lei-s, (Grin!)

      OK, so I'm silly already. Wanna join us? Let us know, and a few of you get together to reserve and share nearby campsites.

      I anticipate that Shelly and I will arrive around Noon to 1 PM on Friday, Nov. 11, 2005.

      Rosaleen

      PS-We promise not to hold it against anyone who sleeps somewhere other than in hammocks.