newbie

  • spoony604
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005
      Hi just joined the group, so a big hello.
      Was also interested in trying to make my own hammock, anyone have any
      links or info they could share with me

      Spoony
    • Mark Bayern
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005
        This is the place -- there are lots of folks here (I'm not one of
        them) who have made their own hammocks. For my use, the Hennessy ULA
        Backpacker works quite well.

        Here are some links from a recent message. (By the way, you could look
        back at previous messages in the group for some great ideas.)

        Speer hammocks -- http://www.speerhammocks.com and
        http://www.hammockcamping.com, Ed Speer is the
        list owner for our group. His book tells you how to make your own
        hammock. He also sells them commercially.

        Rick ('Risk'), has done a lot of testing of hammocks.
        http://www.imrisk.com for more information. A quick test hammock is
        described in http://www.imrisk.com/testhammock/testhammock.htm

        For even more information check out
        http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking and look for the hammock
        links.

        The authors of the above sites are all active here.

        Sgt Rock's hammock site: http://hikinghq.net/hammock/hammock.html

        For Hennessey hammocks: http://www.hennessyhammock.com/

        For reviews of commercial hammocks check:
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/

        Mark

        On 10/21/05, spoony604 <spoon@...> wrote:
        > Hi just joined the group, so a big hello.
        > Was also interested in trying to make my own hammock, anyone have any
        > links or info they could share with me
        >
        > Spoony

      • jeffdavis_203
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005
          Hello and welcome. I also have not made my own hammock but use the HH
          backpacker and another one I got from the sportsman warehouse. Like me
          I think you will find this group helpful.

          Jeff
          aka ranger

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "spoony604" <spoon@b...> wrote:

          > Hi just joined the group, so a big hello.
          > Was also interested in trying to make my own hammock, anyone have any
          > links or info they could share with me
          >
          > Spoony

        • Aris Dennis
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2005
            Hi Spoony,
            One of the hammocks I made up is a double bottom
            design found at:
            http://72.36.134.230/content/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=44

            Just make sure to use 6 metres instead of 5 as stated
            in the article!

            cheers,
            Aris

            --- spoony604 <spoon@...> wrote:

            > Hi just joined the group, so a big hello.
            > Was also interested in trying to make my own
            > hammock, anyone have any
            > links or info they could share with me
            >
            > Spoony

            Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one
            click.
            http://farechase.yahoo.com

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs