Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: new to cold

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2005
      TV,

      Absolutely true. I never take anything into the woods that could end my
      hike unless I have tried it out in weather either at home or somewhere
      where I can easily bail if I am not comfortable, even if it is the
      middle of the night.

      I also like to use my "hammock laboratory" to choose weather which is
      considerably colder, wetter, windier, or hotter than anything which I
      expect on the trail. That way, I have a good comfort factor when I lay
      me down to sleep somewhere a little wilder.

      Risk