First annual SEHHA hike pictures

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2003
      I'll let others tell you of the adventures of this weekend but, for
      now, I posted a few pictures under the photo link on the group home
      page. It's an open folder so the rest of you can post your pictures
      to the same folder.

      Boy, it was a great weekend!

      POG
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karens62@a...> wrote:
        > I'll let others tell you of the adventures of this weekend but, for
        > now, I posted a few pictures under the photo link on the group home
        > page. It's an open folder so the rest of you can post your pictures
        > to the same folder.
        >
        > Boy, it was a great weekend!
        >
        > POG

        Thanks for the great pics Pog! I may have a few to add soon....Ed
      • Coy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2003
          Does that mean I can delete pictures others post. Like that one of
          me where I look as gooffy as a run over chicken. Just kidding. I
          just dont seem the be to photogenic. Must have sumpum to do with my
          looks?

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karens62@a...> wrote:
          > I'll let others tell you of the adventures of this weekend but,
          for
          > now, I posted a few pictures under the photo link on the group
          home
          > page. It's an open folder so the rest of you can post your
          pictures
          > to the same folder.
          >
          > Boy, it was a great weekend!
          >
          > POG
        • Marge Prothman
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2003
            Hi there,
            I went into the web site and clicked on photos and only got an error page,
            How do I view the pictures?
            Cheers,
            Marge [The Old Gal]
            http://www.prothman.org/marge

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 20, 2003
              Hey I found the pictures, they were good, I was in the wrong Yahoo Hammock
              group.
              Got it now.

              Cheers, Marge (the old gal)

              -----O
            • karens62@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 21, 2003
                In a message dated 4/20/2003 9:59:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, starnescr@... writes:

                Does that mean I can delete pictures others post.  Like that one of
                me where I look as gooffy as a run over chicken.

                well, technically, yes. But notice I didn't post the pitcure of you with your finger up your nose? It could have been much worse.......

                POG
              • Coy
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 22, 2003
                  I shouda kep that camra when I got my grubby hands on it at the
                  waterfall!!! BTW It was a nice camera. I left my 2 lb monster at
                  home knowing Paul had his and figgured someone else would have one.
                  Kinda like how I sponged supper, I sponged pics. For anyone
                  wondering, I somehow left my pack of noodles out of my pack when I
                  repacked. Cody had the food, I had the snacks. I took out some of
                  the snacks but forgot the noodles. Paul had so much food for supper
                  me and him both had a hard time eating it all. Thanks for sharing
                  supper Paul!

                  Coy Boy

                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@a... wrote:
                  > In a message dated 4/20/2003 9:59:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > starnescr@y... writes:
                  >
                  > > Does that mean I can delete pictures others post. Like that one
                  of
                  > > me where I look as gooffy as a run over chicken.
                  >
                  > well, technically, yes. But notice I didn't post the pitcure of
                  you with your
                  > finger up your nose? It could have been much worse.......
                  >
                  > POG
                • Coy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 22, 2003
                    Hi Marge

                    You are gona have to come to the next outing. We will talk Ed in to
                    moving it closer to me so it will be closer to you. Like a hundred
                    miles would matter on a road trip from Idaho. LOL

                    Coy Boy

                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
                    wrote:
                    > Hey I found the pictures, they were good, I was in the wrong Yahoo
                    Hammock
                    > group.
                    > Got it now.
                    >
                    > Cheers, Marge (the old gal)
                    >
                    > -----O
                  • Marge Prothman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 22, 2003
                      Hi Coy and everyone,
                      I thought the pictures were great....and I would love to go on a SEHHA hike,
                      but do not think Idaho is the place to do it, at least not at my elevations.
                      I have a group coming from the BPL in August to do a five day hike in the
                      Sawtooths
                      and some have asked about using their hammocks. I will leave it up to them.
                      I am going
                      to try a couple of weekend hikes during the summer with the hammock and see
                      how I
                      make out. I do fine in my backyard at 5600' but that is not the same as
                      9,000ft in
                      the mountains.

                      We will be camping between 8 - 10,000 ft and there are lots of trees, no
                      problem
                      there, but they will need to bring a good insulated pad. The temperatures at
                      night
                      can get down below freezing, but nice and warm during the day. I am still
                      not decided
                      whether to take the hammock and my foam pad with the reflectic or take my
                      Europa Sil
                      Nylon tent and my Z Rest (will have to wash my mouth out 'tent'). The
                      hammock setup with the pad and the extra clothing is a little heavier than
                      my
                      Tent and Z rest....decisions, decisions.......

                      Cheers,
                      Marge [The Old Gal]
                      http://www.prothman.org/marge