Hennessy Hammock newbie and setup w/o tree question

  • bd29162
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 6:11 PM
      I recently have purchased a Hennessy Hammock Explorer Deluxe and have
      been reviewing all information regarding the product and setup. My
      thanks to Shane for his informative videos and setups. I've
      downloaded every item I could from his site and Sgt. Rock not to
      leave out the Hennessy website. Next month, my buddies and I are
      going backcountry up at the AT starting at Max Patch (a bald). My
      shelter/sleeping system will be the Hennessy. I've looked at the
      picture at the website and was wondering if anyone could give me
      guidance and experience in setting this up w/o trees. Any help will
      be appreciated. I will post at the hammockcamping group later. By
      the way, I recently had a question regarding my purchased hammock
      yesterday. Our postal carrier left a note in our box indicating that
      there was an oversized product at our door and when we checked, there
      was nothing there. I email Tom and Ann Hennessy at their website and
      Ann was gracious to respond that my hammock was being delivered by
      UPS and will arrive on Tuesday. Talk about support and even on a
      holiday weekend. These people are great and I am looking forward in
      sleeping many a nights in the Smokies and surrounding forests. Now
      I'm looking at campsites not for level ground but rather distances
      between trees. I've got one site scoped out about 10 feet from a
      stream over rocky terrain...I digress...anyway any help will be
      appreciated. David