Re: Exped Hammat

  • hoi1949
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2005
      > I just looked at that, it is for an integrated airmat not an
      > integrated DAM. I don't know how that will work out, probably in some
      > cases it will be a positive thing and in others it might be a negative
      > thing. It actually looks like their intent was to sell an air mat
      > that you could actually use as a hammock rather than the other way--
      > an insulated hammock that you could also use for an on the ground air
      > mat... does that make any sense? Their large hammock is 102"x83"...
      > that is about the same length as an 8.0 Speer but it is 7' wide. Does
      > that mean you can lay at a right angle (orthogonal)?

      Dang - I missed that - oh well I guess I won't be buying one for winter
      use - R factor of 0.6 just does not cut it in my book for winter
      hammocking.

      Maybe someday they will get the idea that people want a hammock that
      can be used in the winter and is simple to setup and use like that
      Hammat looks to be.