Hammock Camping book

  • Christina Moon
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 20 6:00 AM
      Is Ed Speers' book out in bookstores yet? If so, please email me off
      list @ <moonpi@...>. I live rurally and am *going to town* today
      and will look for it if it's available.

      Thanks, Christina
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 20 3:17 PM
        Message
        Christina, my book isn't yet available in regular book stores--maybe in a few months. In the mean time, it is available via mail order at: http://www.hammockcamping.com  There is also a link there to the Amazom.com source.  The book is carried by a few outfitters here in the southeast...Ed

        Message 3 of 12 , May 24, 2003
          Message
          Distribution of the new Hammock Camping book is finally getting underway!  It's now available on most of the major book store web sites:

          Of course, it should also be available now in the actual book stores.

          In addition, searching for "hammock camping book" or "hammock camping speer" on most of the major web search engines will lead you to the book, reviews, camping hammocks and hammock camping in general.  Searching for "hammock camping newsletters" will take you to the free online newsletters.  Thanks to everyone on this list who has been posting hammock camping info on the web--the volume of useful info is increasing rapidly and I woulnd't be surprised to soon see a quantum leap in the use of camping hammocks as more folks hear the good news.  The day is fast approaching when everyone on this list will proudly say "I was one of the first!"  ...Ed
        • Christina Moon
          Message 4 of 12 , May 24, 2003
            > Distribution of the new Hammock Camping book is finally getting
            > underway!

            Congratulations, Ed!!! It's a great book. I've learned a tremendous
            amount from it and refer to it often, not just for hammock camping
            info, but for hammock info in general. Plus it's just a fun book!

            Christina
            Message 5 of 12 , May 24, 2003
              Message
              Thanks for the praise Christina--I'll take all of that you can dish out--LOL...Ed

              > Distribution of the new Hammock Camping book is finally getting
              > underway!

              Congratulations, Ed!!!  It's a great book.  I've learned a tremendous
              amount from it and refer to it often, not just for hammock camping
              info, but for hammock info in general.  Plus it's just a fun book!

              Christina

            • mrmoose972002
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7, 2006
                A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
                of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
                the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
                I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
                buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.

                I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
                pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
                pass this one along once more. Any takers?

                Matt
              • Scott Macri
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 7, 2006
                  Sure, why not. I need to learn as much as I can about hammock since I am a
                  newbie at ti.

                  On 7/7/06, mrmoose972002 <mvpulsts@...> wrote:

                  > A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
                  > of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
                  > the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
                  > I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
                  > buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.
                  >
                  > I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
                  > pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
                  > pass this one along once more. Any takers?
                  >
                  > Matt

                • Matthew Pulsts
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 7, 2006
                    OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you must post
                    it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful soul.

                    whats your address? I can mail it out on Monday

                    Matt

                    _____

                    On 7/7/06, mrmoose972002 <mvpulsts@earthlink.
                    <mailto:mvpulsts%40earthlink.net> net> wrote:

                    > A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
                    > of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
                    > the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
                    > I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
                    > buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.
                    >
                    > I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
                    > pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
                    > pass this one along once more. Any takers?
                    >
                    > Matt

                  • chcoa
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 8, 2006
                      I undertand the idea behind passing Ed's book along but aren't we
                      also in a way pooching Ed, on his own yahoo group no doubt? He's
                      potentially loosing book business by this free exchange.

                      jamie

                      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Pulsts"

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 8, 2006
                        Thanks for the concern Jamie, but actually I encourage the idea of sharing
                        my book with others, especially those on this list. My book is still a
                        small volume, low profit undertaking, so I don't have much to loose there-in
                        fact I give away more than 50% of my books anyway. I figure the more people
                        who read my book, the more hammocks I sell! So the book is as much a part
                        of my advertising as it is profit for my company. So sharing my book with
                        others is a win-win situation for us all-we get to help spread the good news
                        about hammock camping to newbies, and I get to sell more hammocks! So I
                        want everyone in the world to read my book

                        I also feel those on this List who make their own hammocks aren't taking
                        anything away from Speer Hammocks either. Rather they're helping spread the
                        good news while promoting my name at the same time

                        Now you see why I love this List and the level of integrity at which it
                        operates-just goes to prove that hammock campers really ROCK!! ...Ed

                        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                        Editor, Hammock Camping News

                        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                        _____

                        --- In hammockcamping@ <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>
                        <mvpulsts@...> wrote:

                        > OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you
                        must post
                        > it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful
                        soul.

                        > whats your address? I can mail it out on Monday
                        >
                        > Matt
                        >

                        > _____
                        >
                        > From: hammockcamping@ <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>
                        yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 8, 2006
                          Jamie,

                          I'd assume that Matthew enjoyed the book so much that he will now buy a
                          copy for his own hiking library and probably two or three others to give
                          to friends...

                          Right Matthew?

                          In case this had not occurred to Matthew yet, the link to buy Ed's book
                          is here:

                          http://www.speerhammocks.com/

                          Rick

                          chcoa wrote:
                          > I undertand the idea behind passing Ed's book along but aren't we
                          > also in a way pooching Ed, on his own yahoo group no doubt? He's
                          > potentially loosing book business by this free exchange.
                          >
                          > jamie
                          >
                          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Pulsts"
                          > <mvpulsts@...> wrote:
                          >
                          >>OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you
                          >
                          > must post
                          >
                          >>it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful
                          >
                          > soul.
                        • Matthew Pulsts
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 10, 2006
                            Already pruchased it, thanks :)

                            Matt

                            _____

                            I'd assume that Matthew enjoyed the book so much that he will now buy a
                            copy for his own hiking library and probably two or three others to give
                            to friends...

                            Right Matthew?

                            In case this had not occurred to Matthew yet, the link to buy Ed's book
                            is here:

                            http://www.speerham <http://www.speerhammocks.com/> mocks.com/

                            Rick