Re: [Hammock Camping] Delaware Water Gap - Veterans Day Weekend

  • Douglas Kitchen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
      That is some of the rockiest walking I have ever done in my life. We did it 2 years ago, definitely Hammock's required. We had trouble finding a flat patch for a tent.It would also be smart to upgrade to a heavier boot. Every step will be on a different angular rock. Heading South, I think it becomes normal after "Wolfs teeth" or some canine fang description. A very interesting jagged cliff that delineates the end of the Glacial Moraine you spent the last 2 days walking over.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
        M'lady and I are interested in weekending there with y'all, but she
        is not capable of hiking any distances, especially on that terrain.
        Is there some way I/we can still participate and meet up? I'd really
        like to finally put faces and voices with names.

        Fuzzy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Kitchen
        <DKitchen@o...> wrote:

        > That is some of the rockiest walking I have ever done in my life.
        We did it 2 years ago, definitely Hammock's required. We had trouble
        finding a flat patch for a tent.It would also be smart to upgrade to
        a heavier boot. Every step will be on a different angular rock.
        Heading South, I think it becomes normal after "Wolfs teeth" or some
        canine fang description. A very interesting jagged cliff that
        delineates the end of the Glacial Moraine you spent the last 2 days
        walking over.
        Weekend

        > Planning to do some of the AT near the Delaware Water Gap
        >
        > 11/11 - 11/12 -11/13
        >
        > Rosaleen will be driving down from the Boston area. SkyDog and I
        will
        > be driving up from Northern VA with a local buddy, Jeff. And,
        > Seasheely says she will be joining us too.
        >
        > Anyone else like to join us....?
        >
        > ***Just in case*** of really nasty weather, I am reserving a cabin
        > (sleeps 6) at Stokes State Park. If it's nasty, it'll be day
        > hikes....<g>...
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        >
        > J.D.

        of Service.

      • J.D. Hoessle
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Fuzzy" <chuck_kime@y...> wrote:
          > M'lady and I are interested in weekending there with y'all, but she
          > is not capable of hiking any distances, especially on that terrain.
          > Is there some way I/we can still participate and meet up? I'd
          > really like to finally put faces and voices with names.

          Fuzzy.....!

          Fer' sure....!

          This is a rather loose get-together and we would L_O_V_E to have the
          company of yourself and the lady!

          I will personally make sure that there is room for ya' all and a place
          to hang out if/when others decide to hike out, OK?

          Contact me: JD-at-Hoessle-DOT-com

          Got that...?

          Happy Trails,

          J.D.