BPL reviews

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2005
      ed & others... i read all three reviews. wow... that`s quite a bit
      of reading at one time for me. i think i hear my hammock
      calling:~} anyway, the articals were very well done. a lot of
      good information for everyone, & especialy for those who aren`t
      hammock campers. as for BPL & recomending there online membership, i
      have mixed fillings. mostly what i would have to say would be
      extreamly positive. it is the bomb when it comes to ultralight
      backpacking information & gear. i can spend way to much time on
      there. the only problem i have w/ BPL is less than ideal customer
      relations. i fully realize that they where going through a move when
      i had my 1st dealings w/ them this past winter (05), but there was a
      continuing miscomunication & lack of comunication that was only made
      worse when i met a couple of those folks at trail days in damascus,
      va this spring. i never did get the impression that they were
      concerned that there was a problem ( & still not fully resolved). it
      would have been nice just to hear something that sounded somewhat
      apoligetic or reasuring (like we`ll try to get that taken care of as
      soon as possible). i have all emails between ryan, bpl, & myself in a
      folder if they would like to review them. anyway, now that they have
      another person or two on staff & mabey things have smoothed out a
      little, perhaps i should try to comunicate this issue w/ them again.
      i`d like to put this feeling of being give the cold shoulder behind
      me, but i`d like to know that it`s not an ongoing way of dealing w/
      there customers for BPL. they have a LOT to offer but they`ll never
      be all thet could be w/o good customer relations. thanks...tim
      (slowhike)garner