[Hammock Camping] Re:Sewing 1.1 oz ripstop

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 11, 2005
      If you guys remember, I had a crossways tear on my hammock body.
      Two layer 1.1 oz RN, made pretty much like a Risk TestHammock. I
      finally got around to repairing it. We used <drumroll>

      The Overlap and ZigZag Stitch Method!

      About 14 inches of overlap. Five rows of stitches pretty evenly
      spaced, but it's not like we measured them or anything. Big, long
      zigzags. I just now got into it and it held me fine. No popping
      sounds or anything ominous. We are car camping this weekend, so I
      will be able to test for a couple of nights in a lower-risk
      environment.

      If the ZZ fails, I am going to try an alternative of the adhesive
      patch method, which would be... oh never mind, I'm sure the
      stitching will work.

      Thanks everyone for all the input!

      Bill in Houston