Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 1018

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
      <whispering> that's what I do. I tend to walk till dusk at least,
      anyway, and somehow dawn tends to wake me so I avoid unpleasant
      discussions. Of course, when people do see me (lunch break), I
      invariably occupy the first camping hammock they have ever seen and
      curiosity - open or subdued - tends to be their primary reaction.

      André

      <rosaleen43@m...> wrote:

      > Well...Then there is another version of "Stealth Camping." Besides
      finding sites away from the mainstream, so to speak, one could wait
      until after dark to pitch a hammock, then get it down at first
      light...

      > Shhh!
      >
      > Rosaleen
      >

      > From: "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...<mailto:JD@H...>>
      > Subject: NON-hammock-friendly park
      >
      > OK....
      >
      > NPS Rangers told me to take down both hammocks last weekend at
      Prince