Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 1018

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
      Well...Then there is another version of "Stealth Camping." Besides finding sites away from the mainstream, so to speak, one could wait until after dark to pitch a hammock, then get it down at first light...

      Shhh!

      Rosaleen

      From: "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@...<mailto:JD@...>>
      Subject: NON-hammock-friendly park

      OK....

      NPS Rangers told me to take down both hammocks last weekend at Prince
      William Forest National Park here in No. VA. Had an HH with tree
      huggers and a home made with straps (not cord/rope) to "educate"
      myself and a buddy.

      However, the Ranger was interested and admitted that the regs had "not
      considered" the straps / tree hugger concept. So, I asked and was
      told that I "might" be able to get a special permit or some-such.
      That's an opening I will pursue of course...<g>... Will report back
      what happens.

    • AndrĂ© Corterier
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
        <whispering> that's what I do. I tend to walk till dusk at least,
        anyway, and somehow dawn tends to wake me so I avoid unpleasant
        discussions. Of course, when people do see me (lunch break), I
        invariably occupy the first camping hammock they have ever seen and
        curiosity - open or subdued - tends to be their primary reaction.

        André