NON-hammock-friendly park

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      OK....

      NPS Rangers told me to take down both hammocks last weekend at Prince
      William Forest National Park here in No. VA. Had an HH with tree
      huggers and a home made with straps (not cord/rope) to "educate"
      myself and a buddy.

      However, the Ranger was interested and admitted that the regs had "not
      considered" the straps / tree hugger concept. So, I asked and was
      told that I "might" be able to get a special permit or some-such.
      That's an opening I will pursue of course...<g>... Will report back
      what happens.

      The Rangers missed a guy a few sites away with an Eagles Nest! He was
      using climbing rope on trees about 50-60 feet apart! First time out
      for him and we talked gear until the wee hours....<g>...

      Hey, Frank! (Frank with the DDS) Got any pics of my "Hammock for
      Dogs"....? Thanks!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.