Twisting the tree huggers

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
      I use the HH huggers with my HH Ultralight B-packer asym. I recently
      had a situation where the tree I was hanging to just didn't work out
      with the huggers no matter how I wrapped it. It was too long with one
      wrap and too short with double wrap. I resolved this by going with the
      one wrap and then putting my hiking pole along the back side of the
      hugger and twisting a bit to take in the slack. I like this method as
      it also seemed a convenient way to tighten up the hammock without
      having to retie it after the initial stretch. I was concerned though,
      that the twisting would take away from the huggers intended function,
      has anyone dones this with negative effects to the tree?

      Jamie in AZ
    • Carl Iobst
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        I have learned that trees are much more resilient
        than some would have you believe.
        R.

        --- chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > I use the HH huggers with my HH Ultralight B-packer
        > asym. I recently
        > had a situation where the tree I was hanging to just
        > didn't work out
        > with the huggers no matter how I wrapped it. It was
        > too long with one
        > wrap and too short with double wrap. I resolved this
        > by going with the
        > one wrap and then putting my hiking pole along the
        > back side of the
        > hugger and twisting a bit to take in the slack. I
        > like this method as
        > it also seemed a convenient way to tighten up the
        > hammock without
        > having to retie it after the initial stretch. I was
        > concerned though,
        > that the twisting would take away from the huggers
        > intended function,
        > has anyone dones this with negative effects to the
        > tree?
        >
        > Jamie in AZ

        Train virtual, live Real!!!
        ('Real' refers to the concepts postulated by Karl Pribram's Holographic Paradigmn and David Bohm's theory of Non-locality)

        http://mail.yahoo.com