Re: hammock talk @ BPL.com

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      I think the author may be Carol Crooker instead of Cook but I could be
      wrong. I know Carol (as I'm sure some of the other BGTers do as well)
      and I don't think there is another Carol who is part of BPL.

      Jamie D

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@y...>

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        i think you may be right jamie ...slowhike

        chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:I think the author may be Carol Crooker instead of Cook but I could be

        wrote:
        > ed & others... if you have an online membership w/
        > backpackinglight.com ( so you can access all articals), they have an
        > interresting artical comparing hammock to ground sleeping in the
        super
        > ultralight catagory. on the left side of the home page click on
        > features. a couple articals down you`ll see
        >
        > 'super ultralight tarp vs. hammock". at the bottom of that artical
        > there is some open discusion. the author (carol cook) mentions the
        > speer hammock & i suggested they take a look at the SPE on eds
        sight.
        > also they have an interresting artical on cutting down & resealing a
        > thermarest. i brought up the possibility of making one from
        > scrach. ...slowhike

        tim garner