hammock talk @ BPL.com

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      ed & others... if you have an online membership w/
      backpackinglight.com ( so you can access all articals), they have an
      interresting artical comparing hammock to ground sleeping in the super
      ultralight catagory. on the left side of the home page click on
      features. a couple articals down you`ll see

      'super ultralight tarp vs. hammock". at the bottom of that artical
      there is some open discusion. the author (carol cook) mentions the
      speer hammock & i suggested they take a look at the SPE on eds sight.
      also they have an interresting artical on cutting down & resealing a
      thermarest. i brought up the possibility of making one from
      scrach. ...slowhike
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        I think the author may be Carol Crooker instead of Cook but I could be
        wrong. I know Carol (as I'm sure some of the other BGTers do as well)
        and I don't think there is another Carol who is part of BPL.

        Jamie D

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@y...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          i think you may be right jamie ...slowhike

          chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:I think the author may be Carol Crooker instead of Cook but I could be

          wrote:
          > ed & others... if you have an online membership w/
          > backpackinglight.com ( so you can access all articals), they have an
          > interresting artical comparing hammock to ground sleeping in the
          super
          > ultralight catagory. on the left side of the home page click on
          > features. a couple articals down you`ll see
          >
          > 'super ultralight tarp vs. hammock". at the bottom of that artical
          > there is some open discusion. the author (carol cook) mentions the
          > speer hammock & i suggested they take a look at the SPE on eds
          sight.
          > also they have an interresting artical on cutting down & resealing a
          > thermarest. i brought up the possibility of making one from
          > scrach. ...slowhike

          tim garner