Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammocks in parks (was Baden Powel - hammocker)

  • Scot Leibacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      My brother and I will be going canoeing in Everglades National Park in November and
      we checked whether hammocks are permitted. They are but we will be using them on
      the chickees. For those not familiar with chickees, they are platforms built out of the water,
      usually with a roof covering that gives you a place to camp in areas, such as the mangrove
      islands, where there is not firm ground. We will be stringing our Hennessey Hammocks
      on the chickee roof uprights.