Re: Ray Garlington a question for you....

  • simva2020
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2003
      Ray, how much of the trail have you done?
      Do you do a big section yearly or more frequently?
      I think I will stick to my original plan and begin at Little Wolfe
      Creek and head to Pearisburg....I will be doing this May 5-9, take
      the weekend off to see the kids, then another 5 day session 12-16
      from Pearisburg to wherever I get, then off to Summersville Lake in
      West Virginia to meet paddlers from Paddling.net to swap boats and
      see the lake.
      Oh, just ordered more sil-nyl from OWF to make the Garlington Taco
      which I plan on amalgamating with my 'underquilt'...will test both on
      the way to Pearisburg...tested the underquilt this last weekend from
      Deep Gap to Wallace Gap in N.C. with awesome results.
      Later
      simva2020 the Medicine Man

      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "simva2020" <simva2020@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > From Va 311, are you going 100 miles north or south?
      > > I will be section hiking in Virginia in the same time period but
      am
      > > in the Pearisburg area.
      >
      > We will be heading north. We went through Pearisburg last year.
      > There are some nice overlooks on that section. Very nice. We will
      > be leaving from VA 311 going north on Friday, probably around 9pm
      and
      > will go about 3 miles that night. If you would like to meet us at
      VA