Re: Exped DAM

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 27, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jack_tier" <jacktier@c...>
      wrote:
      > The Nest and No sniveller are each filled to 2+ inches of Down since
      > last April...That puts their doubled up thickness at 4+ inches and
      > with Down shifted to the bottom in one quilt, will put 5+ on the
      > bottom with 2+ on the sides...

      DOH! That makes a difference. I guess my overstuff brings mine up to
      that thickness, then.

      I'll have to add a top blanket, but I'm gonna try to see how cold I
      can get with the underquilts, too.

      I think I'm going to Yosemite for Columbus weekend...hoping to see 20F
      then.

      > If three + inches on the bottom is your goal

      Not really a goal, that's just the thickness of the DAM (2.8"). Using
      the ORM instead of the two underquilts would save a full pound and
      about $150, too. (It's just that I already have the Nest/NS combo to
      test.)

      Thanks for the info. Any idea how cold you could get with the Nest/NS
      on bottom and ORM inside the hammock?
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 27, 2005
        By car or by plane?

        Bill in Texas - 100+ degrees F the last few days.

        --- jwj32542 <jwj32542@...> wrote:

        > But first I have to find a good place. I'm looking
        > for somewhere 4-
        > 5 hours from Monterey that gets down to about 0F.
        > Any suggestions?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • jwj32542
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 27, 2005
          <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
          > By car or by plane?

          Plane would sure open up a lot more possibilities, eh?

          But I'll be driving.
        • dlfrost_1
          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 27, 2005
            > How many folks here have used the Exped DAM? I'm thinking about
            > getting one and wondering how well they work in a hammock. I know
            > Ed's was comfy at the April SEHHA, but I only laid on it for a few
            > minutes.
            >
            > Can you guys offer some insights?
            > - How long does it take to blow up with the stuff sack?
            > - How easy it to inflate in the hammock? Did you have to put it on
            > the ground to inflate and deflate?

            Ed pumped up a torso-length Exped for us at the hammock hangout and
            it was somewhat slow going because (like most DAMs) the seam-sealed
            stuffsack is used like a bellows to pump the thing up. It should be
            just as easy (easier?) to inflate in the hammock as on the ground.

            A SPD/DAM/sleeping-bag setup is what I'm planning on for winter
            camping.

            Doug Frost
          • Bill Fornshell
            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 27, 2005
              The reason I bought the Warmlite DAM was because it
              was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy
              to blow up. When you do it right. My Warmlite DAM
              takes about 14 bags of air which takes less than a
              minute to blow up. The best way to blow it up is with
              it in the Hammock. If I tell you anymore everyone will
              want one and then everyone will find out the simple
              secret of being warm in a Hammock is with a DAM. Then
              I made my own DAM and everything got lighter, cheaper
              and better.

              I have tried very hard not to talk about all the
              things being sold that you think will keep you warm in
              a Hammock. If you read Ed's book you will read about
              inches of Pad vs what it takes to stay warm at a given
              temperature. I use that but convert it to "R" value.
              The only true way to build a cold weather hammock
              system. Under you if you use "Down - Air = DAM" less
              weight than Pads and less volume.

              I have just watched the second part of the PBS Special
              on Bob Dylan so all I can say is get a Warmlite DAM or
              stay "Stuck on Stupid".

              Bill in Texas

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • dlfrost_1
              Message 6 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
                > The reason I bought the Warmlite DAM was because it
                > was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy
                > to blow up. When you do it right. My Warmlite DAM
                > takes about 14 bags of air which takes less than a
                > minute to blow up. The best way to blow it up is with
                > it in the Hammock. If I tell you anymore everyone will
                > want one and then everyone will find out the simple
                > secret of being warm in a Hammock is with a DAM. Then
                > I made my own DAM and everything got lighter, cheaper
                > and better.
                [...]
                > The only true way to build a cold weather hammock
                > system. Under you if you use "Down - Air = DAM" less
                > weight than Pads and less volume.

                The lower the temps go below freezing the more efficient DAMs are
                relative to other systems. My suspicion with the Warmlite DAM is
                that the extra shoulder width wrapping around you tends to squeeze
                the down in your bag or quilt. Also, the Exped DAMs come in
                differing thicknesses if the largest one rides ya too high.

                Have you ever used your homemade DAM on the ground and how did it
                hold up? Being able to reliably go-to-ground is one of the safety
                features of the commercial models.

                Doug Frost
              • Bill Fornshell
                Message 7 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                  --- dlfrost_1 <dlfrost@...> Asked:
                  "Have you ever used your homemade DAM on the ground
                  and how did it hold up? Being able to reliably
                  go-to-ground is one features of the commercial
                  models." Doug Frost

                  Hi Doug, My DAM started out as just an Air Mattress.
                  I slept on it on the ground/floor a lot as I was
                  testing various ways to close the open end after I
                  inflated the Poly Tubes. The Poly Tubes I use are 2
                  mil and are not fragile. The only problem I had was
                  when my kittens played on it. I found a few little
                  holes that I was able to seal with duct tape. I
                  recommend carrying an extra Poly Tube and almost
                  everyone carries duct tape.

                  I am trying to arrange my life so I can do a hike this
                  November/December. I want to start at Newfound Gap
                  GSMNP and hike south on the AT. My plan is to go to
                  Dicks Creek Gap. If I can go I will have to sleep in
                  Shelters during the Smokies part. I will sleep on my
                  DAM/Sleep System in the shelters and expect no
                  problems with it. It may be to warm as this design
                  was made with enough Down and Loft to go to "0"
                  degrees F.

                  My DAM/Down Sleep System is a lot like many of the
                  Pad/Top Bag systems on the market but mine is lighter
                  than most. I have a separate Down hood that can also
                  be used if necessary. My Down Top Cover buttons to
                  the DAM. Buttons are lighter and easier to attach
                  than zippers.

                  Bill in Texas - we are having a cold day today - high
                  only 89 degrees F.

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Bill in Houston
                  Message 8 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                    Not trying to be a smart-aleck at all, here. Maybe find a butcher or a
                    meat/fruit processing place with a big freezer... Just an idea.

                    Bill in Houston

                    > > But first I have to find a good place. I'm looking for somewhere 4-
                    > 5 hours from Monterey that gets down to about 0F. Any suggestions?
                  • Lenny Nichols
                    Message 9 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                      Bill, do you use a full length DAM in your hammock or a shorter one?

                      Lenny (also in Texas)

                    • jack_tier
                      Message 10 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jack_tier" <jacktier@c...>
                        > wrote:
                        > > The Nest and No sniveller are each filled to 2+ inches of Down
                        since
                        > > last April...That puts their doubled up thickness at 4+ inches
                        and
                        > > with Down shifted to the bottom in one quilt, will put 5+ on the
                        > > bottom with 2+ on the sides...
                        >
                        > DOH! That makes a difference. I guess my overstuff brings mine
                        up to
                        > that thickness, then.
                        >
                        > I'll have to add a top blanket, but I'm gonna try to see how cold
                        > can get with the underquilts, too.
                        >
                        > I think I'm going to Yosemite for Columbus weekend...hoping to see
                        20F
                        > then.
                        >
                        > > If three + inches on the bottom is your goal
                        >
                        > Not really a goal, that's just the thickness of the DAM (2.8").
                        Using
                        > the ORM instead of the two underquilts would save a full pound and
                        > about $150, too. (It's just that I already have the Nest/NS combo
                        > test.)
                        >
                        > Thanks for the info. Any idea how cold you could get with the
                        Nest/NS
                        > on bottom and ORM inside the hammock?

                        Nest and No Sniveller on the bottom and Old Rag Mtn took me to 25
                        degrees, piece of cake, at SORUCK on the river at NOC 25 Jan 05,
                        slept 0001 to 0915 straight thru no nature calls, had a watch cap
                        pulled over my eyes so I missed the morning arrival...warm as toast
                        could have gone lower easy.

                        PS. these were 1.5 inch Nest and NS and 2.5 inch Old Rag Mtn vs the
                        current 2+ and 3+ inch thick models.

                        jack
                      • Bill Fornshell
                        Message 11 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                          Lenny, My current one is 30" wide by 78" long. So I
                          would say, Yes, full length.

                          I am in San Antonio where we are about to have a
                          couple of days with our high temp under 90. It really
                          feels nice outside down to about 60 in the morning. I
                          should go for a walk.

                          Bill
                          --- Lenny Nichols <lnichols@...> wrote:

                          > Bill, do you use a full length DAM in your hammock
                          > or a shorter one?
                          >
                          > Lenny (also in Texas)

                          > removed]

                          __________________________________
                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Thomas Vickers
                          Message 12 of 30 , Sep 29, 2005
                            I really wanted to hang the old hammock out during Rita (Live north of
                            Houston a bit), but wife wouldn't have it.

                            I can't wait to get under 100 for a few days. Nasty heat, and humidty

                            TV
                          • dlfrost_1
                            Message 13 of 30 , Sep 30, 2005
                              <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
                              > I am trying to arrange my life so I can do a hike this
                              > November/December. I want to start at Newfound Gap
                              > GSMNP and hike south on the AT. My plan is to go to
                              > Dicks Creek Gap. If I can go I will have to sleep in
                              > Shelters during the Smokies part. I will sleep on my
                              > DAM/Sleep System in the shelters and expect no
                              > problems with it. It may be to warm as this design
                              > was made with enough Down and Loft to go to "0"
                              > degrees F.
                              >
                              > My DAM/Down Sleep System is a lot like many of the
                              > Pad/Top Bag systems on the market but mine is lighter
                              > than most.

                              Sounds good... I've been following your experiments and reliability
                              was my only remaining concern. I'm looking forward to hearing your
                              after-trip report.

                              Soon, we'll probably have to start telling newbie/wannabe
                              hammockcampers to keep their tents--to use for down stuffing!

                              I'm currently moving to a place near Sevierville, and can see the
                              Smokies from the window of my bedroom.

                              Verily I say unto you: There shall be much winter testing.

                              Doug Frost
                            • BRIAN
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 8, 2005
                                Hey everyone,

                                My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite! This is an early gift from my
                                honey. I'm now one step closer to staying warm on Springer. Thanks
                                for all the input Dave. Too bad it's not cold enough here to try it
                                now. I hear a cold front is moving through and the temps should drop
                                this week-end. I can't wait. The dog is very disappointed that she
                                won't be able to take over my side of the bed tonite. I think she's
                                praying for cold weather too.

                                Brian
                                T-BACK
                              • jwj32542
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 8, 2005
                                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "BRIAN" <opnheartscrub@t...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite!

                                  Awesome! Which model did you get? You gonna get a SPE or something
                                  for your shoulders and hips?

                                  For some reason, I don't have any condensation problems with the Exped
                                  DAM, even when I'm very warm. CCF gives me a clammy back even when
                                  I'm cool. It must be the type of covering Exped uses...very
                                  comfortable.
                                • Michael B. Carter
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                    Brian,

                                    I also bought a 7 long a couple of months ago.
                                    I used it to below freezing in Nantahala a couple of weeks ago, and was as
                                    comfy and warm as I've ever been.
                                    It's a little more work than a CCF pad to inflate, but well worth the extra
                                    effort.
                                    It's going with me to Mt. Mitchell for sure.

                                    Enjoy...

                                    Michael

                                    At 01:31 AM 12/9/05 +0000, you wrote:
                                    >Hey everyone,
                                    >
                                    >My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite! This is an early gift from my
                                    >honey. I'm now one step closer to staying warm on Springer. Thanks
                                    >for all the input Dave. Too bad it's not cold enough here to try it
                                    >now. I hear a cold front is moving through and the temps should drop
                                    >this week-end. I can't wait. The dog is very disappointed that she
                                    >won't be able to take over my side of the bed tonite. I think she's
                                    >praying for cold weather too.
                                    >
                                    >Brian
                                    >T-BACK

                                    >hammock
                                    ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+food&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=Cxs6cfzsEzfzWFwiJRiH1Q>Camping
                                    >food
                                    ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Rv+camping&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=aT_kvYUCLpXjLyTeLFO1Ew>Rv
                                    >camping
                                    ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=rECy3cqNEIpgzeVoZEsTnw>Gsi
                                    >outdoors
                                    ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=sXLsCHw8KwziLp8dHz7HkA>Happy
                                    >camper
                                    ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=u4gP0ieVizFNuJQwXwkrjg>Outdoors

                                    > *

                                  • J.D. Hoessle
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "BRIAN" <opnheartscrub@t...> wrote:
                                      > My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite! This is an early gift from my
                                      > honey. I'm now one step closer to staying warm on Springer.

                                      Comgrats, Brian!

                                      I have had and used mine for just a couple months and LOVE it...!

                                      Do you also have an SPE...? The Exped DAM fits in the SPE just fine
                                      and does wonders for me. Because you will be riding a bit "higher" in
                                      the hammock, the sides seem to wrap-around you more. I "discovered"
                                      that cold spots were eliminated!

                                      > I can't wait. The dog is very disappointed that she
                                      > won't be able to take over my side of the bed tonite. I think she's
                                      > praying for cold weather too.

                                      ...hehehe!

                                      Weather permitting, I will have SkyDog with me. UPS just delivered a
                                      20 oz. insulated doggie-bed for her...<g>... If it's really deep snow
                                      or sub-zero, SkyDog says she's not coming! Will you be bringing your
                                      girl..?

                                      Happy Trails,

                                      J.D.
                                    • Coy
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                        OK guys, I'm jealous. I could use one tonight. I bought a
                                        replacement target pad (the 27 x 72 x 3/8) the other day. (gave the
                                        old one to the dogs) and found a yoga pad here at the house. This
                                        pad is really thin but heavier than the much bigger target pad.
                                        It's 20 x 72 by about 1/8. I'm carrying my converted sleeping
                                        sleeping bag and plan to put it around my hammock and sleeping on
                                        top of that with the pads on top of that. It was too agrivating
                                        when I put it in another hammock below me the other night. This
                                        will give me about 1.5 inches of down below me unless i can shake
                                        more of the down to the bottom. It's 21 here this morning and 23
                                        at huntsville on the news. they said tonight would be colder with
                                        lows in the upper teens. should be a little cooler 2 hours north of
                                        here. Cody has chickend out again so I'll be solo. Makes me a
                                        little nervous as I have been to 16 F before but was where i could
                                        walk home if needed. I guess i could hike the 6 miles back to the
                                        car if needed but the gate will be locked so i hope that dont
                                        happen. I'll be in a 5 F sleeping bag I'm testing for BGT so if my
                                        underinsulation is good enought I dont forsee any problems. I'll
                                        try to get a few pics if my camera dont freeze. I plan to keep it
                                        in the bag with me overnight. I'm outa here in a little while so
                                        wish me luck.

                                        Coy Boy

                                        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael B. Carter"
                                        <carterm@m...> wrote:

                                        > Brian,
                                        >
                                        > I also bought a 7 long a couple of months ago.
                                        > I used it to below freezing in Nantahala a couple of weeks ago,
                                        and was as
                                        > comfy and warm as I've ever been.
                                        > It's a little more work than a CCF pad to inflate, but well worth
                                        the extra
                                        > effort.
                                        > It's going with me to Mt. Mitchell for sure.
                                        >
                                        > Enjoy...
                                        >
                                        > Michael
                                        >
                                        > At 01:31 AM 12/9/05 +0000, you wrote:
                                        > >Hey everyone,
                                        > >
                                        > >My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite! This is an early gift from my
                                        > >honey. I'm now one step closer to staying warm on Springer.
                                        Thanks
                                        > >for all the input Dave. Too bad it's not cold enough here to try
                                        it
                                        > >now. I hear a cold front is moving through and the temps should
                                        drop
                                        > >this week-end. I can't wait. The dog is very disappointed that
                                        she
                                        > >won't be able to take over my side of the bed tonite. I think
                                        she's
                                        > >praying for cold weather too.
                                        > >
                                        > >Brian
                                        > >T-BACK

                                        t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+campi
                                        ng&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=4AsTHlC
                                        ZmH7iJEKRQhZ69g>Camping
                                        > >hammock
                                        > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                        t=ms&k=Camping+food&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&
                                        w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=Cxs6cfzsEz
                                        fzWFwiJRiH1Q>Camping
                                        > >food
                                        > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                        t=ms&k=Rv+camping&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4
                                        =Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=aT_kvYUCLpXj
                                        LyTeLFO1Ew>Rv
                                        > >camping
                                        > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                        t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&
                                        w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=rECy3cqNEI
                                        pgzeVoZEsTnw>Gsi
                                        > >outdoors
                                        > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                        t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&
                                        w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=sXLsCHw8Kw
                                        ziLp8dHz7HkA>Happy
                                        > >camper
                                        > ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                        t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=G
                                        si+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=u4gP0ieVizFNuJ
                                        QwXwkrjg>Outdoors

                                        > > *

                                      • Coy
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                          The world is going to the dogs...

                                          I put my dogs in the basement last night. When I let them out this
                                          morning Freckls was ready to go. Nelly Sweet Pea sorta looked out
                                          side then trotted back over to the bed I made them. I had to walk
                                          outside on the frost coverd ground barefooted to get her out...my
                                          feet are still cold. I told the wife and kids to put them back up
                                          tonight. I need one of those doors that they can go in and out but
                                          the flap dont let cold air in all the time.

                                          Coy Boy
                                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "BRIAN"
                                          <opnheartscrub@t...> wrote:
                                          > > My Exped DAM arrived by UPS tonite! This is an early gift from
                                          my
                                          > > honey. I'm now one step closer to staying warm on Springer.
                                          >
                                          > Comgrats, Brian!
                                          >
                                          > I have had and used mine for just a couple months and LOVE it...!
                                          >
                                          > Do you also have an SPE...? The Exped DAM fits in the SPE just
                                          fine
                                          > and does wonders for me. Because you will be riding a
                                          bit "higher" in
                                          > the hammock, the sides seem to wrap-around you more.
                                          I "discovered"
                                          > that cold spots were eliminated!
                                          >
                                          > > I can't wait. The dog is very disappointed that she
                                          > > won't be able to take over my side of the bed tonite. I think
                                          she's
                                          > > praying for cold weather too.
                                          >
                                          > ...hehehe!
                                          >
                                          > Weather permitting, I will have SkyDog with me. UPS just
                                          delivered a
                                          > 20 oz. insulated doggie-bed for her...<g>... If it's really deep
                                          snow
                                          > or sub-zero, SkyDog says she's not coming! Will you be bringing
                                          your
                                          > girl..?
                                          >
                                          > Happy Trails,
                                          >
                                          > J.D.

                                        • J.D. Hoessle
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                            <carterm@m...> wrote:
                                            > I also bought a 7 long a couple of months ago.

                                            Michael- Brian - Slowhike

                                            Seems a lot of us are sold on the Exped DAM. Yes, mine is also the
                                            Downmat 7 - Long.

                                            Mr. Speer, have you considered distributing a "combo" package of the
                                            Exped and SPE...?

                                            OH, Yeah... The usual Disclaimer that I don't work for either, get no
                                            remuneration, etc. Hmmm...? Maybe we should...<g>...!

                                            Note: I have found the "Inflation Time" considerably reduced by
                                            allowing the DAM to just self-inflate for about 20-30 minutes. Seems
                                            to cut the number of "bag-puffs" in half.

                                            Happy Trails,

                                            J.D.
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                              Brian, Jeff, Tim, Michael

                                              The excitement over the Exped DAM is justified. And it sounds like we'll
                                              all be using them on our upcoming Mt Mitchell hike! I'll have my 7 short as
                                              well as my PeaPod! ..Ed

                                              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                                              Editor, Hammock Camping News

                                              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                                              _____

> [...]

                                              &.sig=rECy3cqNEIpgzeVoZEsTnw>
                                              &k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outd
                                              oors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=rECy3cqNEIpgzeVoZEsTnw>Gsi
                                              >outdoors
                                              ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                                              ing+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105
                                              &.sig=sXLsCHw8KwziLp8dHz7HkA>
                                              &k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outd
                                              oors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=sXLsCHw8KwziLp8dHz7HkA>Happy

                                              >camper
                                              ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
                                              food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.si
                                              g=u4gP0ieVizFNuJQwXwkrjg>
                                              &k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors
                                              &w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.sig=u4gP0ieVizFNuJQwXwkrjg>Outdoors

                                              Camping
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+hammock&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=C
                                              amping+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=
                                              105&.sig=4AsTHlCZmH7iJEKRQhZ69g> hammock

                                              Camping
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Camping+food&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camp
                                              ing+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105
                                              &.sig=Cxs6cfzsEzfzWFwiJRiH1Q> food

                                              Rv
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Rv+camping&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Campin
                                              g+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.
                                              sig=aT_kvYUCLpXjLyTeLFO1Ew> camping

                                              Gsi
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camp
                                              ing+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105
                                              &.sig=rECy3cqNEIpgzeVoZEsTnw> outdoors

                                              Happy
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Happy+camper&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camp
                                              ing+food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105
                                              &.sig=sXLsCHw8KwziLp8dHz7HkA> camper

                                              Outdoors
                                              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Camping+hammock&w2=Camping+
                                              food&w3=Rv+camping&w4=Gsi+outdoors&w5=Happy+camper&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=105&.si
                                              g=u4gP0ieVizFNuJQwXwkrjg>

                                              _____

                                              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                              * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                                              _____

                                            • jwj32542
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Dec 9, 2005
                                                I'm still deciding whether or not to bring it on my snow camping
                                                trip next weekend. It's supposed to get into the teens, but up in
                                                the Sierras the weather can change fast so I want to be prepared for
                                                a bit below that.

                                                I was thinking about the PeaPod, Exped 7, and JRB No Sniveller.
                                                Should keep me nice and toasty below zero. I don't think I'll need
                                                a SPE since I have the PeaPod.

                                                Or the 3 Season Set and PeaPod would be lighter for below zero, but
                                                I don't have anything to lay around on outside (or go to ground with
                                                if it gets really bad).

                                                I was thinking about a torso-length CCF instead of the DAM, since
                                                it's lighter and I can drag it around camp as a sit pad for the snow
                                                throne I'm gonna make. But a .5" CCF might not be enough extra
                                                insulation and I don't want the extra bulk. Plus it's just not as
                                                comfy.

                                                What do you guys think?

                                                PeaPod, Exped and NS for ~84 oz, or
                                                PeaPod, 3 Season Set for ~74 oz?