hot springs

  • slowhike
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2005
      jd & others... yep, i`m pretty excited about this weekend too. sounds
      like a great group w/ thoughtful minds will be there. i`ve got a few
      questions & ideas to share too. i was wondering how ed, rick & others
      might feel about demonstraiting & let us have some hands-on time w/
      gathering /whiping the ends of a hammock? if so, mabey a few people
      could bring fabric & large tarp to lay out on the ground. i thought
      about throwing a couple scales i have in the car but, sorry jd, i aint
      bringing food next trip cause i`m sure my pack`s not going to be the
      lightest:~] i hike to camp. also i was wondering, do you usualy
      have a fire at these camp outs? if so, do you have plenty of firewood?
      i could fill up my back floor board if needed. thanks...slowhike
    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "slowhike" <slowhike@y...> wrote:
        > > also i was wondering, do you usualy
        > have a fire at these camp outs? if so, do you have plenty of firewood?
        > i could fill up my back floor board if needed. thanks...slowhike

        The Hot Springs Camp Ground <http://www.nchotsprings.com/hstacamping.htm>

        ...has firewood ***FOR SALE***; so, I am saying YES! Bring some wood!
        Thanks!

        Happy Trails,

        J.D.
      • slowhike
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2005
          ed... i`m sure you`ll be bringing a few things from the speer line
          but, if you can, please bring some of the orange cord. i`d like to buy
          another 50 or 100 ft. if i can get all my ducks in a row, i hope to
          make a hammock stand & leave the trees for others. and i`ll be glad
          to do some wood splitin if you like. i`ve split quite a bit of wood...
          & sometimes i do it w/o getting hurt:~) thanks...slowhike
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
            ed... i guess you'll be bringing the orange tarp line?
            i know of a least one person that wants to get some.
            thanks. ...tim
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
              Thanks for letting me know Tim-I will bring some. Otherwise I don't bring
              much to the campouts...Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc