Re: Hammock Camping Re: Trailfest, Hot Springs, NC 12Apr2003

  • robi dawson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2003
      Rick,

      Being in land locked Hungary means very little sea of any type and there is no real WW here per se. i would have to go to Autstria, slovakia or slovenia for that...

      what i do canoe on is the Tisza and the Danube and tributaries thereof. The Tisza has tons of back waters, and flood plains that are fun, if you like long quiet paddles to look at birds and other wildlife.

      great little islands this time of year, in the summer there could be no water so the islands would be connected to the mainland, making them accessible to weekend warrior types, who play loud music, get drunk and very rowdy, but now, just getting there through a maze of waterways and hanging a hammock for a weekend or 3 days seems like an ideal way to spend time outdoors with the kids...

      In these situations i was wondering if a white skin on frame would be viable. you know last year i ran into a fair number of submerged logs... that would be a problem in  a skin on, if I am not mistaken...

      at any rate, have fun!At 03:19 PM 4/11/03 +0000, you wrote:
      Robi,

      I will not be using the kayaks in white water.  I will have them with
      me because I am on the way to the gulf coast for some sea kayaking.
      Stopping in Hot Springs is just a nice coincidence to my travel
      plans.  It only puts me about 2 hours out of my way.

      I have used the white skin on frame kayak on class I white water...
      not much of a problem.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, robi dawson <beanco@m...>

      <http://www.qsl.net/ws8g/kayak.htm>http://www.qsl.net/ws8g/kayak.htm

      > >Rick
      > >
      > >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, robi dawson <beanco@m...>
      > >wrote:
      > > > Rick, would that be one of the kayaks on your website?
      > > >
      > > > looks great!!!!!
      > > >
      > > > have fun!
      > > >
      > > > Robi

      > >kayak

      Springs,
      > >weather
      > >please

      AT

      ei>http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei
      > > >4be9a.jpg

      ><<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > > ahoo! Terms of Service.
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1
      705065843:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/30
      0_06F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>12f032.jpg

      > >12f0ce.jpg

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      5e50c7.jpg
      5e51b7.jpg