Re: hammock sausage

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2003
      Hi Christine,

      Good on you for making a hammock. I have now made three hammocks
      like Ed recommends.

      If the top is closing like a trap, you may have pulled up the edges a
      little too far. In the book, Ed show how to pull up the edges about
      two inches. You may want to experiment with a little less,
      especially if your "two inches" is a little more than the picture
      shows in the book.

      You will also find that laying on your side (mentioned in Ed Speer's
      response) crossing your arms in back of your head, lying with your
      feet on one side of the middle and your shoulders on the other side
      of the middle, drawing one knee up; all these things make the
      hammock wider.

      Rick