Re: Hammock pad thickness

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2005
      I had a simular experience Dennis. I used the 3/8 blue foam stuffed
      inside my Adventure Medical Bivy sack with a 40 SnugPak bag over me.
      It worked okay down to 38 F but I was a little chilly off an on in the
      early morning hours.

      I'm thinking of going with something like Rick's overlap pad and using
      a slightly thinner but wider torso pad under the blue foam next time
      I'm in this temp. range.

      I have also had good luck using the blue foam inconjunction with the
      Hennessy Supershelter down to 27 F and that was without the Overcover.

      Best of luck working out what is best for you.
      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Rowell"