Update

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
      Thought I would share some of my limited experiencxe thus far... Just
      posted a message about going to - See (Sept. 23/24/25 - Hot Springs.

      Since last April, I have managed to hike out and hang in an HH, a
      Bliss, and my own (Very Heavy...<g>...!) home-made Risk-type hammock.
      Everything has gone well, stayed dry in some heavy dour pours, still
      learning.

      Last adventure (after a rain), the cold front moved in and I woke up
      very cold at 3 - 4 AM. No pad, no PeaPod, no JBR, etc. Gotta figure
      this out now that Autumn is almost upon us. The "wings" / "pad
      extenders" look pretty cool and I am anxious to see 'em!

      Oh, yeah... Almost forgot... I still have not learned the secret hand
      shake...<g>...

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
        Here's a hint. If you hold a rope in your hand while you do the secret
        handshake, you'll tie a slipped bowline.

        Bill in Houston

        > Oh, yeah... Almost forgot... I still have not learned the secret hand
        > shake...<g>...
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        >
        > J.D.
      • J.D. Hoessle
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
          > Here's a hint. If you hold a rope in your hand while you do the
          >secret handshake, you'll tie a slipped bowline.

          Bill,

          I'm trying to follow that; but, it was my undersatnding from last
          Spring that you had to have a beer in one hand....?

          J.D.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
            hey ed... i`m planing to join you guys at hot springs, but i hope i`m not going to feel to out of place if i don`t have a beer in my hand? :~? thanks...slowhike

            "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@...> wrote:--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "zippydooda" <zippydooda@y...>
            wrote:
            > Here's a hint. If you hold a rope in your hand while you do the
            >secret handshake, you'll tie a slipped bowline.

            Bill,

            I'm trying to follow that; but, it was my undersatnding from last
            Spring that you had to have a beer in one hand....?

            J.D.

            tim garner