Re: Hammock pad thickness

  • zippydooda
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2005
      Youngblood knows more about this than I, so make sure you listen...

      Bill in Houston

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "zippydooda" <zippydooda@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I made it all night down to 35 with a 3/4 inch pad.
      <snip>
      > Thin closed cell foam (ccf) pads only slightly alter the comfort of a
      > hammock as they still bend and flex enough to follow the contours of
      > your body.
      > Youngblood
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2005
        I had a simular experience Dennis. I used the 3/8 blue foam stuffed
        inside my Adventure Medical Bivy sack with a 40 SnugPak bag over me.
        It worked okay down to 38 F but I was a little chilly off an on in the
        early morning hours.

        I'm thinking of going with something like Rick's overlap pad and using
        a slightly thinner but wider torso pad under the blue foam next time
        I'm in this temp. range.

        I have also had good luck using the blue foam inconjunction with the
        Hennessy Supershelter down to 27 F and that was without the Overcover.

        Best of luck working out what is best for you.
        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Rowell"