Re: [Hammock Camping] Silk Hammocks-wood stoves

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2005
      about 6 years ago i arrived in oregon with the screw-on (propane butane) stove but the KOA didn't carry them and i had to drive around portland til i finally found an outfitters.

      so i jumped when sportsmansguide had an alcohol and a wood-burning stove at really cheap prices. but, true to most of their stuff, lightweight is not a feature.

      the alcohol is a cute little cup with a lid - the legs twist out - and it comes in a "leather" bag/

      the wood one is really neat since it folds flat like a narrow paperback and also has a bag... i believe both have "loops" so you can hang onto belt or pack.

      but i haven't had to use them...and am concerned about availability of denatured alcohol...I will take them on my next fly 'n camp trip, where weight is not an issue.

      i tried a brief google but couldn't find them...i'm going kayak camping next weekend so i'll take them along to try them out.

      Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@...> wrote:
      My old wood stove weighs 6.5oz. I am working on a new
      design with some different materials and the new stove
      should weigh a little less. The 6.5oz weight does not
      count the battery for the small fan I use. I also use
      the battery for my LED.

      My wood stove's like my new alcohol stoves are
      designed to use modern combustion theory and
      techniques.

      Bill in Texas

      Sandy Kramer
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2005
        HEET in the yellow bottle from an auto parts store or WalMart.

        Bill in Houston

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Sandy Kramer <sandykayak@y...>