Re: [Hammock Camping] purchasing tyvek

  • woody woodrich
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      Careful monitoring of dumpsters at new housing
      development is my method. I've been too cheap to speak
      to workers, but I'll bet that'd work also.
      Woody in Washington, DC

      --- mhrothery1 <mhrothery1@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I tried a number of local (Tucson, AZ)
      > hardware/lumber stores to buy a
      > relatively small amount of tyvek (10 ft.) but it was
      > only sold in rolls
      > much longer than I needed. Anyone have suggestions ?
      > Thanks.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
        www.questoutfitters.com

        about $5-6/yd

        woody woodrich <fatherrules@...> wrote:
        Careful monitoring of dumpsters at new housing
        development is my method. I've been too cheap to speak
        to workers, but I'll bet that'd work also.
        Woody in Washington, DC

        --- mhrothery1 <mhrothery1@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I tried a number of local (Tucson, AZ)
        > hardware/lumber stores to buy a
        > relatively small amount of tyvek (10 ft.) but it was
        > only sold in rolls
        > much longer than I needed. Anyone have suggestions ?
        > Thanks.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      • woody woodrich
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2005
          Listers: following my own recent advice, I checked
          construction dumpsters while out of town over the
          weekend and came up with two 9x9' pieces of pink Owens
          Corning house wrap. I'm glad to mail them to users if
          they'll just reimburse me postage once they receive
          them.
          Thanks, Woody in Washington, DC