purchasing tyvek

  • mhrothery1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30 4:05 PM
      Hi,
      I tried a number of local (Tucson, AZ) hardware/lumber stores to buy a
      relatively small amount of tyvek (10 ft.) but it was only sold in rolls
      much longer than I needed. Anyone have suggestions ? Thanks.
    • woody woodrich
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30 5:31 PM
        Careful monitoring of dumpsters at new housing
        development is my method. I've been too cheap to speak
        to workers, but I'll bet that'd work also.
        Woody in Washington, DC

        --- mhrothery1 <mhrothery1@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I tried a number of local (Tucson, AZ)
        > hardware/lumber stores to buy a
        > relatively small amount of tyvek (10 ft.) but it was
        > only sold in rolls
        > much longer than I needed. Anyone have suggestions ?
        > Thanks.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31 11:53 AM
          www.questoutfitters.com

          about $5-6/yd

          woody woodrich <fatherrules@...> wrote:
          Careful monitoring of dumpsters at new housing
          development is my method. I've been too cheap to speak
          to workers, but I'll bet that'd work also.
          Woody in Washington, DC

          --- mhrothery1 <mhrothery1@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I tried a number of local (Tucson, AZ)
          > hardware/lumber stores to buy a
          > relatively small amount of tyvek (10 ft.) but it was
          > only sold in rolls
          > much longer than I needed. Anyone have suggestions ?
          > Thanks.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        • woody woodrich
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8, 2005
            Listers: following my own recent advice, I checked
            construction dumpsters while out of town over the
            weekend and came up with two 9x9' pieces of pink Owens
            Corning house wrap. I'm glad to mail them to users if
            they'll just reimburse me postage once they receive
            them.
            Thanks, Woody in Washington, DC