Re: just a small thanks

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
      wrote:
      > I unfortunately didn`t get any pictures whatsoever (I spent the
      last of
      > my money on the hammock (no joke), and the planned purchase of a
      > digital camera will have to wait).

      You mean to tell me that you could not find a cheepie film camera
      anywhere in Japan ? ;-) Darned shame tho...

      > Not only did he tell me I was more than welcome to sleep there, but
      he
      > returned a bit later with some fruit from his wife`s garden. It was
      > then that I understood the true potential of the hammock...

      Hey, I'll have to try this... heh.

      Doug Frost
    • ekunitz
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
        Doug,

        This trip was also my first experiment into the realm of the
        lightweight. I was trying to leave EVERYTHING out of my pack. In
        retrospect, I probably could have traded the four extra stakes I was
        carrying for a disposable camera, as the stakes don`t really have
        anything relevant to say about the trip (they didn`t once come out of
        my pack). It is a darned shame I didn`t get any photos.