Re: [Hammock Camping] Seam sealing (was OT ground dwelling

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 25 10:39 AM
      oh and i forgot to add, use a little talcum powder on the seams
      after it dries completly (24 hours usually works). I did a tarp
      once and did not do that and it wanted to stick together whan i
      folded it up. after about a year and several uses it got less sticky
      though.

      Coy Boy

      > Sandy, for the slip resist dots full strenth may be ok. for just
      > plain old seam sealing mix the silicone with mineral spirits about
      > 50/50 or even a little thiner depending on project.
      >
      > Coy Boy
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Sandy Kramer
      > <sandykayak@y...> wrote:
      > > now, that IS a good tip. I just received a small tube of sil
      > sealant but the larger should work out much cheaper...plus I need
      > some for the kitchen counter tiles!!
    • Dick Matthews
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 25 11:34 AM
        Thanks Coy Boy. All very good advice that I forgot to add.

        Dick Matthews