Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 977

  • Dick Matthews
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 24, 2005
      My local paint store (Sherwin-Williams) sells unused gallon ($3) and 5
      gallon ($5) cans.

      A well sealed 5 gallon can is hard to open. I hang the gallon cans
      because a bear could bite them open.

      I put a contact phone number and the date they will be retrieved on each
      can. If I found a cache that looked old I would pack it out.

      Dick Matthews

      dlfrost_1 wrote:

      >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "neptunebeach"
      ><neptunebeach@c...> wrote:
      >

      >> Looks a lot like an oversized sealed paint can. Pictures at
      >> http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/gearguy/200304/20030422.html
      >>

      >Humm.. Persons looking for cans like this might check out artists
      >supply stores online. They sell intermediate-sized paint cans for
      >people mixing their own formulas. Paint stores themselves might also
      >have them. Froogle certainly has plenty of links....
      >http://www.freundcontainer.com/catalog.asp?category=96&sid=1832
      >
      >Doug Frost
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dick Matthews
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 25, 2005
        Thanks Coy Boy. All very good advice that I forgot to add.

        Dick Matthews