Bug netting

  • BRIAN
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
      Has anyone tried to use the lightweight woven bug nets that are
      available in most of the superstores and army surlplus places? It
      seems to be made out of a type of plastic. Does this stuff even keep
      out mosquitos? I know that it would not keep out no-seeums but I
      thought maybe a treatment of permethrin might kill them before they
      had a chance to crawl through the netting. Any Thoughts? It sure is
      much lighter than the no- seeum net.

      Brian
      (T-BACK)

      Oh, BTW I read your book Risk. Great job! You might have even made
      me change my mind about hiking poles. I need more practice before I
      make up my mind. Thanks for all your effort and hard work.
    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
        not sure what you are referring to, but I have used the head nets available at wal-mart etc. for about $2.95 for years. and they ARE no see 'um mesh. work best over a hat, which keeps it away from your face.

        sandy in miami

        BRIAN <opnheartscrub@...> wrote:
        Has anyone tried to use the lightweight woven bug nets that are
        available in most of the superstores and army surlplus places? It
        seems to be made out of a type of plastic. Does this stuff even keep
        out mosquitos? I know that it would not keep out no-seeums but I
        thought maybe a treatment of permethrin might kill them before they
        had a chance to crawl through the netting. Any Thoughts? It sure is
        much lighter than the no- seeum net.

        Brian
        (T-BACK)

        Oh, BTW I read your book Risk. Great job! You might have even made
        me change my mind about hiking poles. I need more practice before I
        make up my mind. Thanks for all your effort and hard work.

        Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
          From: Sandy Kramer <sandykayak@...>
          Date: Monday, August 8, 2005 1:06 pm
          Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Bug netting

          > not sure what you are referring to, but I have used the head nets
          > available at wal-mart etc. for about $2.95 for years. and they
          > ARE no see 'um mesh. work best over a hat, which keeps it away
          > from your face.
          >
          > sandy in miami

          It seems to be made out of a monofilament thread and is woven or tied
          almost like a fishing net. To me it looks like the mesh that an onion
          bag is made of but it's green.
          It's light and cheap. If no one has tried it I'll give it a shot and
          see what happens.

          T-BACK