9729[Hammock Camping] Re: hammock V house poll

  • zippydooda
    Jul 11, 2005
      Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

      As far as I know, on the group website, the e-mail addresses are
      shown only up to and including the @ sign, like zippydooda@, which
      supposedly protects them from the bots. Is this what other web-
      viewing non-moderators see?

      And, for people receiving posts by e-mail, your e-mail address is
      included in every post that you make. So, people who receive e-mails
      already know Rosaleen's address, and everyone else's. Right?

      So I don't think that the poll results are revealing any secrets. At
      least not to me...

      Bill in Houston

      > Great, Thanks Fuzzy. But since any member can issue a poll, it
      will be up
      > to them to choose to display or not to display the email addresses
      of the
      > voters. I could set it up so only the moderators can issue a poll,
      but that
      > kind of defeats the usefulness of our List-so I'll leave it up to
      > member who issues a poll...Ed
      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      > Editor, Hammock Camping News
      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc