9727Re: keeping tension/ how much tension

  • ekunitz
    Jul 11, 2005
      doug,

      That was my first thought also. I tried one diagonal, and then the
      other. I'm not sure which why is intended to create the "perfect
      curve" advocated on the stuff sack. If I snuggle my left shoulder
      into the corner formed by the tie out on that side, and directed my
      feet towards the other corner tie out, I assume that I should be in
      the flattest position possible. The problem is that I end up with my
      head resting on the bug netting. I guess that might be too far
      diagaonal?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Doug Meredith
      <doug.meredith@s...> wrote:
      > "ekunitz" <everettkunitz@h...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > >tried to get comfortable. I was so sad, after reading so much
      about the
      > >comfortable nap I thought I would have, to find an acute and
      pestering
      > >pressure in my heels. I've tried raising the foot end by about 4
      > >inches, and even tying up the hammock with a little more slack in
      the
      > >line, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong?
      >
      > Are you making sure to lie on the diagonal?
      >
      > Doug
      > --
      > Doug Meredith (doug.meredith@s...)
      > SystemGuard - Oracle remote support