9489Re: New Member

  • chcoa
    Jun 13, 2005
      Hi Michael and welcome to the group.

      I'm testing the SuperShelter for Backpackgeartest.org and I'd love to
      here more about what kind of info you'd find useful. I of course
      write my reviews according to what I think is important but I
      certainly want my work to help others as well, so your input would be
      very interesting and valued.

      Thanks in advance.
      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael"
      <dansferd_observatory@y...> wrote:
      > I just purchased a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe with the complete
      > Supershelter System. I hope to achieve some good 4-season results
      > with it.
      >
      > I've read several of the available "Hennessy Hammock reviews" on
      the
      > internet with some very mixed feelings. Being a scientist, I'm
      used
      > to testing under much more controlled standards. While there is
      > certainly useful information to ponder about the hammock itself,
      some
      > of it is not worth the read. There is not a single bit of research
      > I've come across that offers solid data regarding the Supershelter
      > System offered with this hammock.
      >
      > Here in Saskatchewan, real world 4-season use means temperatures
      that
      > go below freezing in 3 out of 4 seasons. Winter conditions are
      some
      > of the harshest and brutal in North America. Let's see how this
      > system, rigged with a space blanket as an additional accessory,
      fares
      > with my -30 degree celsius sleeping bag (overbag and two fleece
      > garments layered) fares in the future.
      >
      > In the meantime, my MEC -7 degree sleeping bag should fare to its
      > temperature rating without the Overcover. If not, I would see that
      > something is flawed with the system. I will be as objective as
      > possible.
      >

      > Regards,
      >

      > Michael
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic