9456New Member

  • Michael
    Jun 10, 2005
      I just purchased a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe with the complete
      Supershelter System. I hope to achieve some good 4-season results
      with it.

      I've read several of the available "Hennessy Hammock reviews" on the
      internet with some very mixed feelings. Being a scientist, I'm used
      to testing under much more controlled standards. While there is
      certainly useful information to ponder about the hammock itself, some
      of it is not worth the read. There is not a single bit of research
      I've come across that offers solid data regarding the Supershelter
      System offered with this hammock.

      Here in Saskatchewan, real world 4-season use means temperatures that
      go below freezing in 3 out of 4 seasons. Winter conditions are some
      of the harshest and brutal in North America. Let's see how this
      system, rigged with a space blanket as an additional accessory, fares
      with my -30 degree celsius sleeping bag (overbag and two fleece
      garments layered) fares in the future.

      In the meantime, my MEC -7 degree sleeping bag should fare to its
      temperature rating without the Overcover. If not, I would see that
      something is flawed with the system. I will be as objective as
      possible.

      Regards,

      Michael
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic